UPDATE: We hope you are all keeping well in these uncertain times. With everyone in lock down Sipologist Social are going virtual- why not come out of quarantine with some extra wine knowledge...
Get yourself signed up to our newsletter by adding your details in the footer or follow our Facebook or Insta pages. Stay safe Sipologists!
Our Virtual Tastings have been incredibly popular -with so many bespoke requests we are no longer adding dates to our calendar at the moment. Please get in touch if you want to arrange something yourself- it's really easy!
True to our SipSoc philosophy we want you to have fun and learn a thing or two (that is actually useful and practical) along the way.
So we ask that you buy your own wine and open it for our tastings. We don't see the point of sending out a few bottles to everyone as there is nothing to compare it with. Trust me- it seems like a crazy way to do this but it works!
What to expect
- Find a bottle of wine- in the back of the cupboard, a treat from your cellar, what you drink regularly or one you think looks interesting and wouldn't ordinarily buy (anything- we will never be accused of wine snobbery at SipSoc!)
- I will teach you how to taste with whatever you have in your glass- what we are looking for in a decent wine.
- I will also share my screen and take you through some of the pages of ReWINED, TasteBuddies or SipPop where appropriate.
- We will find out what everyone is enjoying (or not, as sometimes is the case!) and we discuss this as a group
- You learn where the wine you have sits in the 'wine world' and how to make different and more confident choices in future
You can quiz me, sip with me and learn from me as I bring over 10 years of wine training experience to the screen. We can go as bespoke as you need
* We will donate 10% to our local foodbank in Hackney - Thanks